Let’s go over the criteria that you should use when choosing a tree service:
At first glance, it can seem quite difficult to distinguish one tree service from another. To help you simplify, make sure they have the following,
1. Insurance – Make sure they have Commercial General Liability Insurance. Ask for a Certificate of insurance and get a copy! Protect yourself and your property, be safe! Our Commercial General Liability Insurance is a one & a two million dollars coverage. Insurance is essential when you’re in the tree business. You are protected with us. There is an old saying out there that I am sure you have heard of. If it is too good to be true than it probably is. A few things to consider about cheap service, the company may not have the proper insurance.
2. Business License– Ask to see their Business License and ask how long they been in business. Do some research, don’t just take their word for what they tell you. A lot of fly-by- nights started calling them self’s a tree business after 2004 hurricane disaster we had here in Volusia county. Please be careful who you hire. Remember this is your home and family.
3. Commercial Auto – Accidents can happen and you want to be completely certain you are protected from personal liability for an accident on your property when tree work is being performed.
4. Equipment and Tools: Ask them what kind of equipment do they have. Do they have- Bucket Trucks, Crane, Bobcats, Dump trailers, climbing gear, roping gear and the Required Heavy Duty Commercial Ropes to do the job is very important or guess what the tree or limb is going though your roof if there rope breaks.
5. Your Property – Ask yourself if you Feel Comfortable hiring them on your property and around your family. Look at their appearance and really listen, read into them and use your gut instincts. I hope this helps you choosing a tree service much easier task. There is an old saying out there that I am sure you have heard of. If it is too good to be true than it probably is. A few things to consider about cheap service, the company may not have the proper insurance. They do not have the properly trained employees.
6. FYI – NEVER DO: NEVER PAY ANY MONEY UP FRONT! NEVER PAY A TREE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER SERVICE UNTIL THE JOB IS DONE! Even when the job is half completed, don’t pay until the job is completed. They might not come back, I’ve heard of this happening.
7. Always research the tree service company you are thinking about hiring. How long has the tree service company been in business. Not what their advertising or telling you, research it. Some companies are advertising on websites with pictures of equipment that they don’t even have and they been in business with all this experience they had for years. See truly how long they have had a business licence for their tree service. Lots of tree services out there with No experience, saying they been in business for over 20yrs in Volusia County. Which is not true at all..! Verify their business license issue date & Find a old Phone Book and look in there. I bet you want see them! Honesty & Integrity is very important to me. Your hiring someone to work around your home!! Be safe 🙂